Pages

July 15, 2013

Every Now & Then...You Need to Do a "For Me" Session | Lake Smith | Virginia Beach Portrait Photographer

A couple of weekends ago, a good friend and I checked out Lake Smith, a tucked away little spot which turned out to be a good location for photos!  This was definitely one of those sessions for me, and I needed it!  I felt stuck, and I needed to shoot without the pressure of pleasing the client!  I love these type of sessions, because it gave me an opportunity to relax and focus on what I want to accomplish.  A lot of things have changed since I picked up my Rebel on Christmas morning.  I now have a Canon 5D Mark II, which I absolutely adore, and I have been doing lots of different styles of sessions to figure out what I love to shoot.

So what do I love to shoot?  COUPLES!  I think, by far, couples are my favorite.  It is easy with couples, and I absolutely love catching those private, special moments between them.  Aside from couples, I like one-on-one sessions. I love maternity sessions, and I am looking forward to the possibility of photographing some Seniors in the Class of 2014 and 2015.  I like that I can get to know an individual better during our time during a session.  Families are also fun; I love the fun, laid-back family shoots.  Lifestyle, children playing, lots of laughter, and families just being themselves with each other is what I am aiming for family-wise!  I do want to break into the wedding industry, for sure!  I have gotten the opportunity to second-shoot for Devon Shanor Photography a few times, and I am really enjoying it!  It is so much fun being a part of someone's special day!  Just last weekend, we shot a wedding in Virginia Beach, and I had a blast!  I laughed; I cried, and I danced along with the guests (all while catching those wonderful loving moments between people)!  It is something I want to do more of!

Back to this most recent session with Solaris....it was a lot of fun, and she is just gorgeous!!  I can barely stand it!  Check out some of my favs!






























No comments:

Post a Comment