Pages

November 13, 2012

Opinions

I feel happy that I live in a country where I do get not punished for expressing myself freely. What I do not feel happy about is people using one's opinions to judge. If I feel a certain way about something, it does not make me a bad person. It does not make me a murderer; a person of hate or a person who disregards human life; and it certainly does not make me any different from the millions of people out there that disagree with others. I think people who alter their thoughts about someone after hearing (or reading for example) a freely-expressed opinion are childish. Are you so narrow-minded that you cannot allow others to feel something different from you? I did not realize that it was not okay for people to have opinions that differ from one another.

If I lose someone I consider a friend because they did not like something I wrote months ago and have since reconsidered, then to the heck with them! Right? I know that I have people in my life who love me, despite differences in opinions. My very best friend in the world and I do not agree on politics, but I would never stop talking to her or exclude her from things because she feels what she feels. We are free to feel the way we want, and it is important to find friends who love you for you, not for what you think about one topic.

End. Rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment